The Smart-Fly PowerExpander provides full power to servos and clean power to receivers at an affordable price. The PowerExpander family can be used with 5-cell NiCd/NiMH packs directly or you can add a SuperReg or TurboReg for use with lithium cells.
The PowerExpanders do not have regulators for the servos, whatever comes in on the power input conectors goes straight out to the servos. The PowerExpander Sport Plus is specifically designed for NiCd/NiMH for 40cc-85cc planes.
If you plan on using lithium batteries in this size plane you should check our the PowerSystem Sport Plus on the PowerSystem products. All the PowerExpanders have a receiver regulator that takes power from the two power inputs, filters it and regulates it down to 5.0 volts so the receivers always see clean power regardless of what the servos do.
The PowerExpander Pro can be used with any size aircraft. It can be used with 5-cell NiCd/NiMH or 2-cell A123 battery packs directly (it has “Smart-Sense inputs which will disable a bad battery pack) or can be used with our SuperReg or TurboReg when using lithium batteries. When used with NiCd/NiMH battery packs it supports an optional failsafe switch. For detailed information please see the user manual links Below.
* For any size plane
* 5-cell NiCd/NiMH or 2-cell A123 battery packs or use with SuperReg or TurboReg when using lithium 2-cell packs
* “Smart-sense” inputs will isolate a bad battery or indicate a bad connection
* Filtered and regulated 5.0V power to receiver
* Receivers can be end-loading or top-loading
* Ten servo channels
* LED indicators for servo and receiver power
* Full RF filtering of all signals in and out of unit
* Fully buffered signal line for each servo
* Long servo lead line matching
* High-current Deans Ultra Plug power input connectors
* Optional Failsafe-switch operation
* Light weight, 2.6 oz, 74g
* Compact design, 4” x 3”
PowerExpander User Guide